For many Illinois businesses in a wide range of industries, there’s at least some measure of environmental responsibility attached to production processes, daily operations or new projects. American Environmental Corporation is here to provide environmental consulting in Illinois so you can leverage the expertise your company may be lacking in-house.
Whether your business has compliance or remediation concerns or just wants to be a good corporate citizen, we are the Illinois environmental consultant you can trust. We are an engineering and contracting firm with the experienced professionals who will provide a solution.
Ready to Get Started?
We have a state field office in Springfield, but provide services statewide, including in and around these metropolitan areas:
Services We Offer in Illinois
While American Environmental Corporation strives to find the optimal, beneficial and practical solutions to help clients engage in environmentally friendly practices, we don’t stop there. Companies also must demonstrate their compliance to regulatory agencies, reach out to communities and other stakeholders, and prepare for emergencies — we can help with all of that. Here’s an extensive look at the solutions we provide in key areas.
ENVIRONMENTAL DUE DILIGENCE
Protecting the environment is every company’s responsibility. Whether it’s to adhere to laws or to address societal concerns, environmental protective measures often must be taken before a project can move forward. American Environmental Corporation performs a number of services, beginning with collecting data through assessments and inspections, and taking the actions necessary to mitigate any problematic situations.
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs). Qualified Environmental Professionals conduct these assessments for public and private sector clients using the latest ASTM Standard E 1527-13 and All-Appropriate Inquiry (AAI). This experience includes environmental assessment services required for U.S. Housing and Urban Development-funded projects, as well as Illinois Housing Development Authority and Small Business Administration projects.
- We provide a one-stop shop for grant applications, area-wide and individual site assessments, and public involvement/community relations programs. Our brownfields specialists use their experience from working within the IEPA and municipal governments to optimize results.
- Asbestos management. An Illinois Licensed Asbestos Inspector conducts inspections and procures abatement and demolition services for our clients.
- Soil vapor surveys. Soil vapor intrusion regulations have been adopted in Illinois, and American Environmental Corporation is at the forefront in conducting this type of soil survey at commercial/industrial properties as well as residential settings.
- Wetlands. Staff trained in wetland determination, delineation and mitigation activities have performed work at numerous sites in Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin using Corps of Engineers criteria.
- Remediation systems. We install, operate and maintain remediation systems involving multiphase extraction (MPE)/dual-phase extraction, pump and treat, soil venting, and soil vapor extraction (SVE)/biosparging. This office has two Certified Industrial Wastewater Treatment Works Operators (Class K). We specialize in piping installation via directional boring/horizontal borings to minimize disruption and cost.
- Environmental drilling. Soil sampling, groundwater sampling and installation of wells are among our many capabilities that involve drilling.
- Industrial cleaning. Our standards are unsurpassed when it comes to cleaning sites, equipment or structures. Safety for all stakeholders in a project, including area residents, is our priority.
- Industrial waste removal. Whatever your industry, it’s unlikely that you can match our expertise at hauling away hazardous materials and debris in a way that’s compliant with the regulations of multiple agencies.
- LUST services. Illinois, Iowa and Missouri LUST sites are managed through the Illinois Office under the supervision of professionals who possess registration or certification from these states. LUST services include:
- Underground storage tank closure
- Emergency response
- Free product removal
- Site investigation
- Contaminant modeling
- Corrective action plan preparation and implementation
- Reimbursement services
Engaging in environmentally friendly practices is not enough. Companies also must ensure that regulatory agencies are aware that you are following regulations. As a full-service Illinois environmental consultant, we help with the following:
- Environmental permits and compliance reporting. Permit applications and compliance sampling and reporting are conducted under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) programs.
- Mining permit and compliance support. Geologists and professional staff collect and interpret data to determine hydrogeologic conditions, surface water quality and groundwater quality. Services also include environmental assessments and NPDES permit applications.
- Landfill post-closure monitoring and reporting. We help clients stay in compliance by conducting these activities in accordance with Illinois 35 IAC 807, 811 and 814 requirements.
If there’s one thing that’s predictable about projects that involve environmental concerns, it’s that unpredictable situations will crop up. Our experience has taught us that it’s a best practice to get ahead of the unforeseen, with this type of strategy:
- Emergency management planning. Our specialists obtain grant money to help local governments throughout Illinois develop:
- Natural hazard mitigation plans
- Commodity (chemical) flow studies
- Hazardous materials response plans
- We also help with emergency operations plans and other vital services for emergency management professionals.
Projects that have environmental issues attached to them often raise public concerns. Being proactive can alleviate such concerns. American Environmental Corporation offers these services to aid the cause:
- Public involvement/risk communication/community relations. Our team of specialists has gained public acceptance and support on large and complex public sector projects as well as smaller projects in Illinois and around the Midwest. Highlights include:
- Designed and conducted public involvement programs at remediation sites (Superfund and LUST) and major highway projects
- Developed the guidance used for the voluntary Site Remediation Program (SRP) in Illinois
- Mediated resolutions on projects that had stalled because of gridlock between the public and government agencies
An Illinois Environmental Consultant You Can Count On
American Environmental Corporation has been providing consulting services since 1989. We are fully licensed and insured, and we focus on safety, compliance and customer service.
Contact Us to Get Started
When it comes to environmental consulting in Illinois, we offer professionalism, expertise and experience. For a conversation, proposal request or site meeting, call our Springfield office at 217-585-9517 or contact us online.